Are you working as a mentor for EVS volunteers?
Are you about to start or right in the middle of a mentoring process with an EVS volunteer?
Would you like to connect and engage in a long-term learning adventure with other EVS mentors?
Would you like to develop your competence as an EVS mentor?
Yes? – Then we are happy to invite you for a long-term journey to discover and develop yourself as an EVS mentor. On this journey, we would like to raise awareness of the importance of the mentors role as well as develop competences necessary for carrying out your job as a mentor. With this, we would like to raise the quality of mentoring within the EVS support structure.
Discover and develop yourself
as an EVS Mentor
(Lithuania – Poland)
What are the expected outcomes of this project?
At the end of the project you as an EVS mentor will have gained awareness about the learning process of a volunteer and a mentor:
- be conscious about the learning processes volunteers and mentors are involved in;
- be able to identify key moments in volunteer’s and their own development,
- understand better how learning, development and personal change happens.
Additionally you will have developed knowledge and skills of a mentor:
- see EVS mentoring as a long-term process and know their various roles and tasks as a mentor within this process;
- be able to define their role in the entire EVS volunteer support structure within the new Erasmus+ Programme and understand better their valuable contribution,
- develop skills and to apply different tools and methods to support EVS volunteers,
- extend own reflection skills and be able to better facilitate the reflection of learning process and outcomes of another person.
And on top, you will have collected Experience in working in an intercultural setting:
- be experienced in acting in an intercultural setting,
- be able to facilitate volunteers and support their learning reflections taking into account cultural influences,
- know good practices of mentoring.
Who can take part in this project?
This projects is for EVS mentors, who…
- have experience as EVS mentor,
- are currently starting or in process of being a mentor in at least one long term EVS,
- value the subject of personal change, learning and are curious to explore more of it,
- would like to commit themselves for a long-term involvement both in this project and in their organization
are at least 18 years old residents of Lithuania or Poland.
We invite altogether 30 participants, 15 from Poland and 15 from Lithuania.
Participants are expected to take part in all stages of the project.
How does the project look like?
We offer long-term support, starting from mid October 2014 until the end of April 2015. The project combines various ways of support and learning methods:
- individual support during one2one consultations (via skype),
- activities, reflections and discussions (via an online learning platform) and
- a common training event with both Polish and Lithuanian mentors.
Meant to be a Mentor will consist of 5 major stages:
1. Stage 15th -27th October 2014 One-to-one consultations (Skype)
2. Stage 05th October 2014 – 27th of January 2015 E-learning 1st phase
3. Stage 27th-31st January, 2014 Training course in Lithuania
4. Stage 1st of February -30th of April, 2015 Online learning 2nd phase
5. Stage 15th – 30th of April One-to-one consultations (Skype)
How can I apply?
You can apply online at SALTO-YOUTH.NET
Deadline for the application is 28th September 2014.